2009년 7월 31일 금요일

Waiting again, for Kindle DX.

Well, now I have my K2 for almost 4 month. It changed everything.

Everything of reading.
Reading habit, reading contents, reading places, reading hours.

Normally, I read before sleeping. I read while I move on subways. I read while eating.
Now, I read in bathroom, on the beach, in the hospital. it's especially good to read in hospital because there is nothing to do. and I don't need a friend to bring me new books.

Now, I read almost in English. Before one or two month ago, K2 just hacked. Somebody who is very bright suggests how to read Korean and several languages on Kindle 2. It's very good. there is a lot of Korean-TXT-material on internet, but that's bad thing. Because We are supposed to pay for people - who wrote, edited, have legal right of novel. Well, there are some people who thinks they are free to use that material. I am not one of them. So I don't have much choice on Korean stuff. Korean bookstores offers very few choice of Ebooks - and they are DRMed. cannot connected with my K2. Arrrgh.

So, I am stuck with English books. I read two or three English paperbooks before. English paperback : Expensive Pricing in Korea, Delivering late. Well. But now, English Ebooks are cheaper on Kindle Store- and other stores.

Now, I read 4 or 5 paperbacks on weeks. Muhahaha. My Reading speed with English book become faster.
I mostly read SF. I got books from Fictionwise, and BAEN. They are free-DRM, and very good. In Amazon, They have some romance books that I love to read. Halliquin site don't offer me Kindle format - they told me "we offer that book with kindle format on Amazon Kindle Store. So go there. " Well, I went to Kindle store.
When I read Korean version - there was not much. but now, I can choose a lot of SF to read - just a lot ! When I go to Korean bookstores, I went to SF shelves and there are 100 or 120 books. most of books are I already read. but now, I have looked Ebook stores and there is many many books. I'm just soOooOooo happy.

I fell in love with my K2. and I don't leave my K2 anymore. I sleep with it, I bring it to my date, I eat with it. (Sometimes I feel like I am binding with My K2.)

Recently, I had a chance to touch Kindle DX..... and it was just so good. I like big fonts, with big fonts I can running on running machine whole 2 hour. with DX, I guess I might be running whole three more hour. native PDF reading will be nice, but I don't have much material on PDF. I guess I will need that feature next year. I'll be graduate student :)

I LOVE my K2.
But I want to have my Kindle DX. I feel like I betray my K2's back-love-binding. Has anybody feel like me? ;)
(Actually I'm ordering DX now....) maybe, my love for Kindle is just infinite so if I have two K, I have enough amount of love for both K. Hmmmm..

댓글 없음: